How to make your own dog food:
Image source: www.splendidtable.org
1. Before giving homemade dog food for dog, it is better to ask suggestion from veterinarian. Some dogs may have allergies to certain foods. At first, give them a small portion, if there’s nothing happen and your dog loves it, give it a normal portion. If our dog doesn’t like it or makes unusual behavior such as scratch, puke, or restless. Just stop giving such food to our dog.
2. Make sure that dog get good diets, our home made food at least contains enough protein, carbohydrate, vitamin, and minerals. This can be obtained from 40% meat, 30% vegetables and 30% starch.
3. Raw meat is healthier than cooked meat. This is because raw meat contains plenty of liquid to maintain body’s fluid levels. Cooked meat can also reduce nutrients. Just make sure raw meat given is fresh and clean, so that your home made dog food is free from harmful substances and bacteria.
4. Some other foods usually given to dogs because of containing abundant nutrients include eggs, beef, chicken, turkey, and ostrich meat.
5. We can give chicken bones to our dogs because normally they love bones. Give fresh and raw bones for our lovely dogs for snacks.
6. Vegetables such as broccoli, celery, asparagus, lettuce, carrots, and cabbage are good for our dogs and we should give them if it possible. We may mix them with meat or dog foods. But, If our dog is bloated from eating vegetables or feels uncomfortable after eating vegetables, then we should stop giving them.
7. Some other foods that may be given for our dog include oatmeal, pasta, rice, and potatoes. These kind of food are rich of starch.
8. There are some foods that can be dangerous when given to dogs. For example, garlic, grapes, raisins, onions, and artificial sweeteners.
9. See no 1 again if you want to give it a try a new kind of home made dog food.